Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd, with its address at Norwich Research Park Innovation Centre, NR4 7GJ, is the controller of your personal data. For any questions on how we handle your personal data, please contact us using the details in the “How To Contact US” section below.
1. Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” section on the Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
- Goods or services you request: Where you request goods or services from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see section 3 below, for further details.
- Job applicants: We also collect and process your personal data if you apply for a position at Tropic. We hold the applications from unsuccessful applicants for up to 6 months.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name), contact data (including email address and telephone number), country, location, language preference, employment data (including job description), you CV and covering letter (when you apply for a position with us) and any other personal data you provide to us via the “Contact Us” section page on the Website.
2. Purposes For Processing Your Personal Data
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required; and
- to enable you to use our Website, including securely, and to improve your user experience and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser when you visit a Website. It is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognises you and your preferences each time you visit our Website, and ensures website functionality and generally improving your experience of the Website.
A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the Website uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only personal data a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. Our Website uses Google Analytics and cookies to track user traffic patterns. Tropic does this in order to determine the usefulness of our Website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information. Tropic does not connect this information with data about individual users.
Tropic uses the following categories of cookies on this Website:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Strictly necessary cookies are also necessary for security reasons.
- Functionality Cookies: these cookies are used to remember registered users to improve their user experience.
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Website to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent.
(b) Opting out of cookies
You may also configure the settings of your browser to activate, disable or delete cookies. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you disable or delete cookies, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website and some services and functionalities may not work.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with:
- our partners which can be found on our Websites https://www.geigs.com/ and https://tropic.bio/;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of Tropic’ business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us, such as banking, legal, audit, or other service providers which assist Tropic with its general business. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us.
5. Storing Your Personal Data
Your personal data collected via our Website will be stored on servers located in the [UK] and will not be transferred to any location outside of the UK.
6. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7. Keeping Personal Data Secure
The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet and any transmission is at your own risk.
8. Your Rights
You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us using the “Contact Us” section of the Website. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
9. How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us using the “Contact Us” section on the Website. If you contact us, we will do our best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.
By accessing this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use this site.
All the information and material provided on this web site is solely for illustrative purposes. It is not intended to and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship with Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd.
The site is provided “as is” and Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
All trademarks used or referred to in this site are the property of their respective owners.
‘GEiGS’ is a registered trademark of Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd.
Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd. No judgement or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd takes no responsibility for third party sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service.
Except as specifically stated on this website, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd nor any of its affiliates, directors, partners, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd, its affiliates, directors, partners, employees or other representatives.
Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
Data Location & Third-Party Involvement
Tropic Biosciences UK Ltd is based in the United Kingdom.
Some of our third-party service providers and partners operate internationally. We take appropriate measures to ensure your data is protected in accordance with European Union data protection (GDPR) law when transferred or processed outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”, which consists of all EU member states plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein).
Terms & Policy Changes
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies and these conditions at any time.